I am excited to announce that Dr. Henry has lifted the order to close personal service businesses effective May 19th. Things may look a little different upon your return, rest assured I am working hard to make the transition as seamless as possible. I am going to take my time with our opening, as my main goal is to make sure you, the client, my staff and the community are safe.
What we are doing to keep you safe: I had conversations with professionals from the Health Protection and Environment Services, Service BC, and WorkSafe BC. They have all ensured me that we are using the most current and best practices possible at Emerald Day Spa.
Things that haven’t change:
- Hand sanitizer administered upon client arrival.
- PreEmpt products used for sanitation, disinfection, and sterilization of tools, equipment, surfaces, chairs, treatment tables, light switches, doors, handles, and common areas.
- Common areas and treatment rooms sanitized and disinfected after every client.
- Estheticians and Body Therapists have an extra 15 minutes allotted between clients to thoroughly sanitize and disinfect all contact points.
- Nail files, buffers, and orange wood-sticks, (anything that cannot be properly sterilized) are disposed into the bin.
- Pedicure bowls are sanitized and disinfected after every client.
- All semi-critical and critical instruments, (tools) are sterilized with CS20 sterilant.
- All critical instruments, such as lancets, needles, and blades ARE NEVER REUSED and are disposed into a sharps disposable container.
- Estheticians wearing gloves.
- Emergency First Aid and CPR certificate, (Tanya).
- Chocolates and complimentary tea.
Things that are different:
- Staffs have taken a specific COVID-19 educational class, an industry regulated BeautySafe course, and have updated the PreEmpt sanitation, disinfectant, sterilization course.
- A COVID-19 Screening and Waiver sheet. Clients must initial and sign this waiver in order to receive treatment.
- COVID-19 Signage.
- Receptionists, Estheticians, and Body Therapists will be wearing masks.
- Employee protection screens, (plexiglass shields), set up in the spa at reception and manicure tables.
- The hand towel upon entrance is suspended.
- Staff schedules have been adjusted to accommodate the new protocols.
- Staggered treatment start times to significantly improve flow.
- Reduced hours and days.
- COVID-19 levy. A per-service charge to cover the cost of PPE – itemized and displayed at the front desk.
What we are asking you to do to help us:
- Please arrive 5 minutes early and remain in your car or outside the building until your appointment time.
- Please bring a mask if you feel more comfortable.
- Please arrive in treatment attire and leave all extra bags and clothes in your car if possible.
- No personal drink or food in spa or treatment rooms.
- No pets in the spa.
- No children in the spa.
- Maintain social distancing when necessary.
Thank you all for your ongoing support, patience, and understanding
as we navigate through this next phase.
“A smile and a wave is a hug and a handshake for now.“
Emerald Day Spa