Most common questions asked by our customers.
How should I prepare?
Please arrive for your treatment at least 10-15 minutes early so that you can check in, enjoy a cup of tea, and relax before your treatment. Please don’t wear perfume, heavy aftershave, or strongly scented lotions that might interfere with the treatment.
What should I wear?
Please wear comfortable clothing. If your treatment is:
- Pedicure-Please wear loose pants that can be rolled up to the knee and open toe shoes, such a flip flops or sandals.
- Massage-Loose comfortable clothing, that you won’t mind being soiled by natural, organic massage oils.
- Sun Glow-Dark, loose fitting clothing that won’t be tight on the body to avoid streak lines and inexpensive clothing that you won’t mind being soiled by our naturel tanning enhancer.
Is there such a thing as 'Spa Etiquette'?
Yes. To ensure that you and those around you receive the full benefits of our spa, please keep in mind the following etiquette tips:
- Arrive early-Get the most out of your Spa experience. Arriving late will cheat you of precious minutes of your treatment. Remember that your treatment will end on time so the next client isn’t delayed, regardless of how late you start.
- Respect other guests-Our Spa environment is one of tranquility and relaxation, so please respect the right to privacy and quiet of other guests, please turn off your cell phones and please refrain from yelling.
- Cancelation Policy-Your treatment time is reserved just for you and in order for us to provide all our clients with the highest-quality service, Emerald Day spa asks that you provide a minimum of 24 hour notice if you are unable to keep your appointment. Failure to do so will result in a 50% late cancellation charge. Thank you for your understanding.
Should I visit the spa if I'm pregnant?
Yes, by all means. Our therapists are fully trained to provide special treatments and services safely during pregnancy. We advise you on treatments to avoid using deep pressure and involving heat.
How early should I arrive for my Spa treatment?
Please arrive 10-15 minutes prior to your first appointment, to ensure that you ample time to check in, use the washroom, enjoy a cup of tea, and relax before your treatment.
What do I need to bring?
Just bring yourself and a form of payment. We accept, cash, debit, VISA and Mastercard. If your treatment is a gift certificate please make sure to bring it with you.
Can I wear make-up?
You’re welcome to wear make-up, but it will be removed before certain treatments, such as facials and facial waxing. The Spa carries Youngblood mineral make-up that is safe to use after treatments and a complementary make-up touch up is provided after every service.
Do I have to disrobe entirely for my Spa treatment?
Undergarments are not necessary. However, if you prefer, disposable underwear can be provided. Please keep in mind, therapists are trained to drape towels or sheets discreetly over any areas of your body not involved in the treatment and to protect your privacy at all times.
Is there someone to help me decide what treatments are best for me?
A Spa receptionist can help you plan a program to suit your needs and interests. Please make appointments well in advance of your visit to ensure availability.
Should I alert someone if I have any physical ailments, disabilities or allergies?
Absolutely! In particular, if you have high blood pressure, suffer from allergies, or are pregnant, inform a Spa receptionist when booking your appointments.
Can I ask the therapist to adjust certain things to increase my comfort?
Definitely, it’s your time, and you should enjoy the experience. Ask to adjust the room temperature, for example, or the amount of pressure applied during your massage. We want you to have the best service possible and we are here to make sure you do.