|What we are doing to keep you safe:
I recently had conversations with professionals from the Heath Protection and Environment Services, Service BC and WorkSafe BC. They have all ensured me that we are using the most current and best practices possible at Emerald Day Spa.
Things that haven’t change:
- Hand sanitizer administered upon client arrival.
- PreEmpt products used for sanitation, disinfection and sterilization of tools, equipment, surfaces, chairs, treatment tables, light switches, doors, handles and common areas.
- Common areas and treatment rooms sanitized and disinfected after every client.
- Estheticians and Body Therapists have an extra 15 minutes allotted between clients to thoroughly sanitize and disinfect all contact points.
- Nail files, buffers and orange wood-sticks, (anything that cannot be properly sterilized) are disposed into the bin.
- Pedicure bowl are sanitized and disinfected after every clients.
- All semi critical and critical instruments, (tools) are sterilized with CS20 sterilant.
- All critical instruments, such as lancets, needles and blades ARE NEVER REUSED and are disposed into a sharps disposable container.
- Estheticians wearing gloves.
- Emergency First Aid and CPR certificate, (Tanya).
- Chocolates and complementary tea.
Things that are different:
- Staff have taken a specific COVID19 educational class, an industry regulated BeautySafe course and have updated the PreEmpt sanitation, disinfectant, sterilization course.
- A COVID19 Screening and Waiver sheet. Clients must initial and sign this waiver in order to receive a treatment.
- COVID19 Signage.
- Receptionist, Estheticians and Body Therapists will be wearing masks.
- Employee protection screens, (plexiglass shields), setup in the spa at reception and manicure tables.
- Hand towel upon entrance is suspended.
- Staff schedules have been adjusted to accommodate the new protocols.
- Staggered treatment start times to significantly improve flow.
- Reduced hours and days.
- COVID19 levy. A per-service charge to cover the cost of PPE – itemized and displayed at the front desk.
What we are asking you to do to help us:
- Please arrive to your appointment 5 minutes early and come to the door at your appointment time.
- Please bring a mask if you feel more comfortable.
- Please arrive in treatment attire and leave all extra bags and clothes in your car if possible.
- No personal drink or food in spa or treatment rooms.
- No pets in the spa.
- No children in the spa.
- Maintain social distancing when necessary.